Friday, August 23, 2013

We Are Family

We couldn't be more thankful for our family. And we praise God this summer has been filled with family time. We had some great time with Josh's parents before they headed back to South Africa and I (Janea) have already been able to see my sister three times! We met up in Chicago, I drove to Indiana for Nate's 4th birthday party and last week, they came up to Peoria to see our lives. You may have seen the zoo pictures on Facebook. :)

As I write this, Josh's best man, Matt, is here visiting for a few days and we are having a blast! Josh and I are showing Matt some Peoria "hot spots" that we have yet to visit ourselves, so we are all experiencing them together for the first time! In a few weeks my dad and Patty are coming to visit and we'll all see my sister off to Uganda. I'm also planning a visit with my dear friend, Sandi who will be coming out for a few days in the middle of August. As I said, lots of visitors! WE LOVE IT.

There has been more exciting news on the family front. Earlier in the summer we found out some of the most wonderful/miraculous news I've ever had. We found out that my sister is pregnant! For those of you who don't know why this is "miraculous," I'll give a quick sum-up.

My sister and Caleb have been married for sixteen years without any pregnancy. They never felt God leading them to explore infertility options, especially after an initial appointment when the doctor said that things seem to be fine and he didn't know why they weren't getting pregnant. They left it in the Lord's hands and were content with my two adorable adopted nephews. So imagine all of our surprise when my sister found out about this new addition to the family. We are rejoicing with them as my sister's belly grows (slowly, but surely). :)

We are rejoicing at God's great goodness in the lives of our family. We are greatly blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment